Largest virtual disk (VMDK) that VMware supports inside a virtual machine is 2TB - 512 KB unless you want to do RDM - Raw Device Mapping. However, you can get around this by spanning multiple disks inside Guest (Windows).
To do this, you need to do the following:
1. Create and attach 2 or more VMDKs of various sizes you want.
2. Start VM and go into Disk Management Utility (diskmgmt.msc)
3. Bring disks online and initialize.
4. Convert Basic disks to dynamic or the next step will do it for you.
4. Right click on one of the disks and click "New Spanned Volume"
5. Follow the wizard and assign drive letter.
You are done.